Morning Reading Scheme
The school is committed to promotingstudents' reading habit and awareness ofcurrent affairswith “Morning Assembly, Reading Session & News Session”. Students must write about one piece of news or story every day except on the days of assemblies (four entries in total every week).
● Time: 8:10-8:40am, before the 1st period every school day.
● Reading: Teachers share different articles every week to expand the range of texts students read.
● TVNews: Students watch TVB Newsonce a week to become more aware of current affairs.
● Newspaper: Students read newspapers twice a weekto become more aware of current affairs and develop a reading habit.Students need to finish the news record every day.
Junior English Section: Students Standard
Senior English Section: SCMP
Chinese Section: Ming Pao
Promotion of Reading
1. To support the formal curriculum through reading activities penetrating different levels;
2. To enhance the reading atmosphere at school; and
3. To develop students’ reading habit.
1. Library Lesson
- Chinese and English subject teachers arrange library lessons twice a year while other subjects once a year.
- Teachers design activities or worksheets for students during the lesson.
- The students are encouraged to borrow books from the library for the activities or worksheets.
2. Book Fair
- Book Fairs will be organized twice a year.
3. Writers Talk
- Famous writers are invited to our school to share their views on writing and fun of reading twice a year.
4. Reading Award Scheme
- Student can gain marks by borrowing books, writing book reports or participating in other reading activities to win a Bronze Prize, a Silver Prize or a Gold Prize.
- Winners get certificates, gifts and badges.
5. Book Sharing
- Twice a month: one English book and one Chinese book.
- Students or teachers share their books during morning assemblies.
6. Lunchtime Reading Café
- Four times a year with different themes.
- Books of related topics will be on display at the school hall.
- Students can sit back and enjoy reading during lunchtime.